The Shark Watch Tour provides visitors with the unique opportunity to experience the majesty of swimming with one of the oceans least understood creatures with nothing more than mask, fins and wetsuit. Over many years of study, The Adventure Club has developed a technique for providing a unique snorkeling experience to swim with black tip reef sharks, getting as close as possible!
Our guides will teach you about sharks, how to swim with them, and then will personally supervise the guests in the water during the trip.
We know these sharks so well we even offer a money-back guarantee.
START TIME: This trip is offered every day starts between 0615 AM and 0830 AM. The start time changes according to the tides.
MEETING POINT: All trips start at our main dive center on Phi Phi Island. Find us on Google Maps
All guests must come to the dive center to complete the registration process the day BEFORE the scheduled Shark Watch Tour.
Guest registration will include
- Completing and signing waiver forms
- Sizing for snorkeling equipment
- Confirmation of start time (The start time varies between 0615 AM and 0830 AM depending upon the tides)
- Confirmation of trip status (whether the trip will be conducted or cancelled)
- Only guests staying on Phi Phi Island overnight can do the Shark Watch Tour. Read More: The Adventure Club Is On Phi Phi Island
- Guests should have prior snorkeling training before doing this trip. We recommend the Phi Phi Ley Tour if guests need to get some experience first
- Persons must be staying overnight on Phi Phi Island
- Guests should be able to swim. Guests that cannot swim must do another snorkeling trip with us first to determine whether they are suited for this trip
- Children over the age of 5 years old are welcome as long as they have had some snorkeling experience before
- All trips are subject to suitable weather conditions
- Full Snorkeling equipment: Mask, Snorkel, Wetsuit,, Fins, Life Jacket
- Fully trained PADI Divemaster or Instructor
- Full pre-brief on how to swim with sharks
- Short longtail boat journey to the Shark Site
- 1.5 hours swimming with the sharks
- Post excursion Shark Awareness Discussion
- Maximum 7 persons per divemaster
- Accident insurance
Minimum Guests required to operate any snorkeling trip
We require at least 3 persons to operate any Shark Watch Tour. In such cases where guests are booking for less than 3 persons we can only confirm the status of the Shark Watch Tour at the registration the day before the trip date.
In the event we do not have the minimum of 3 persons we shall offer:
- A choice of another trip (if suitable)
- Change the date of the trip (if suitable)
- Provide a full refund.
- In the event we do not have a minimum of 3 persons we shall provide a full refund
- If the guest(s) does not see sharks then we shall provide a full refund. Guests must show up for the tour and stay in the water for the duration of the trip in order to qualify for this refund
- If the weather, or ocean conditions are not suitable to operate the trip we shall offer a full refund
- If guest(s) do not show up, then we shall not provide any refund nor any change of date or trip option
- If guest(s) show up after the boat has departed, then we shall not provide any refund nor any change of date or trip option
- If guest(s) cancel with less than 24 hours notice before the trip start time there will be no refund
- If outside of the Peak Season and guests cancel the trip with more than 48 hours notice prior to the trip start time, we shall offer a full refund or a change of trip date or trip.
- We cannot accept any changes to any booking during the Peak Season between the dates of 15 December to 15 January
- No refunds will be offer for any cancellation to any booking during the Peak Season between the dates of 15 December to 15 January
* Although in some cases our policy does not allow to offer a refund, we shall do our best to accommodate the guest(s) and fit them into another program if there are spaces available.
Leaving Phi Phi Island in the afternoon? No problem, the morning Shark Watch trip is back in time for you to take the ferry back to the mainland with plenty of time to spare.
Arriving to Phi Phi Island on the morning ferry? Sorry it will be too late to do the Shark Watch Tour this day, but you can do it the next morning.
Not staying overnight on Phi Phi Island? Sorry, the Shark Watch Tour is not for you. The only way to do any of our programs is if you are staying overnight on the island.