PADI Open Water Diver
The PADI Open Water Diver program is the most recognized entry-level diving course in the world certifying you to dive to a depth of 18 meters. This 3-4 day course will teach absolute beginners, the skills required to become a certified diver.
Complete program details are available here: Open Water Diver Course
Based on guests arriving in the afternoon to Phi Phi Island
- Arrive on Phi Phi Island. 1730h: Student registration start theory – 2100h
- Day 1: 0900 AM – 1200 PM: Complete theory. 1300h – 1700h: Confined water training at the beach
- Day 2: 0700 PM – 1200 PM: Boat trip with 2 open water dives
- Day 3: 0700 PM – 1200 PM: Boat trip with 2 open water dives
*Students should wait at least 18 hours after their last dive before flying.
- Must be able to swim
- Must be staying overnight on Phi Phi Island (preferably in the Tonsai area)
- Must be in good health (Divers with a history of medical illness must obtain a certificate from a doctor allowing them to dive
- Must be 15 years or older
- Student record file, medical statement, liability release forms
- Video training, quizzes and exams in air conditioned classrooms
- Instruction by fully certified PADI Instructor
- Beach training confined water
- Two boat trips with 4 open water dives
- Lunch, Fruit, Water, Tea, Coffee on dive boat
- Dives at the Bida Islands and Phi Phi Ley Island
- Maximum 4 persons per instructor
- PADI Open Water Diver manual
- PADI Open Water Diver certificate
- Accident insurance
In order to do a PADI Open Water Diver Program each candidate must complete the medical statement.
A doctor’s certificate is NOT required if the diver can answer ‘NO’ to all of the questions.
A doctors certificate is only required when the candidate can answer ‘YES’ to any item on the statement
Please go this link to download the Medical Statement. If you can answer ‘YES’ to any item please take a copy of this statement and present it to the doctor for him to sign.