PADI OPEN WATER DIVER COURSE with library version of the PADI Touch
This package will give you free access to our library version of the PADI Touch product. This means that you can complete 95% of the theory at home and save 1,800 baht off from the usual price.
How Does It Work?
- Book this product by making the deposit payment of 5000 baht
- We shall send you the codes to access our library version of the PADI Touch product.
- Watch all the videos and read the chapters on the PADI Touch at home.
- Complete the knowledge reviews for each chapter. We shall send you a PDF to print and use to accomplish this.
- Come and complete the remainder of the course at our dive center.
What else do you need to know?
- The PADI Touch works better on an iPad or similar android device, although you can still access all of the material on a PC.
- Upon completion of the course, the PADI Touch product will remain the property of The Adventure Club.
- We shall provide you your own online version of the PADI Open Water Diver manual upon completion of the course.
- You must complete all of the sections of the PADI Touch training.
- If our instructors feel that the student has not studied all of the material, the student is requested to do complete all of the theory in our classroom and will have to pay the full price for the course (13,800 baht). This will also result in taking longer to complete the course.
- The national park fee is not included in our price. The national park fee will 600 baht for 2 days diving in the Phi Phi Island national park.
- The quizzes and exam will be administered at our dive center.
- Full PADI Open Water Diver training
- PADI Open Water Diver Manual (either online manual or paperback version)
- Full diving Equipment
- PADI OWSI Instructor, ratio 4:1
- PADI Open Water Diver Certificate (Gold)
- Lunches, refreshments, tea, coffee and drinking water served aboard the dive boat
The course consists of 3 parts:
- Studying the PADI Touch and completing the quizzes and exam
- Confined water training
- Open water training dives
1730-2100: Quizzes and exam
0900-1200: Confined Water training
1300-1800: Boat Trip with Open Water Dives 1 + 2
0700-1300: Boat Trip with Open Water Dives 3 + 4
(Part 1): Theory and video sessions
The student access the PADI Touch product and studies all of teh materail and completes all of the knowledge review. There are 5 modules of theory and subsequently 5 videos for each module. Each video can take between 45 -60 minutes to watch. It is essential to study the material carefully. Upon arrival to our dive center we shall administer the quizzes, and final exam
(Part 2): Confined Water Training
Confined Water Training means learning to dive in water which is shallow enough to stand up. Our confined water training takes place on the beach in a natural environment. This will start on day 2 where the students will start to develop the skills required to learn to dive. Each skill is carefully explained by the diving instructor and then demonstrated by the instructor, so the student may feel confident that they can perform the skill themselves. Diving skills are developed starting with the easier skills and progress as the student’s confidence and ability progresses. Just like the theory and video sessions, there are 5 confined water training modules.
(Part 3): Open Water Dives
The final part of the course are the four open water dives. Open water dives 1 and 2 are conducted on the same day to a maximum depth of 12 meters. Our dive boat ‘Reef Ranger’ travels out to the Bida Islands or Phi Phi Ley island to some of the best dive sites the islands have to offer. Each dive is approximately an hour long and there is a light lunch and refreshments provided between the dives. Open water dives 3 and 4 conclude the course on the last day with a similar program outline as for open water dives 1 and 2.
Upon completion of the PADI Open Water Diver Course, the student is presented with a temporary PADI Open Water Diver card that enables the newly certified diver to participate in any fun dives while waiting for their main dive certificate card to arrive from PADI headquarters.
Must be over the age of 15 years
Must be healthy to dive
Must complete all sections of the course
Must be able to swim 200 meters and float for 10 minutes
Click on an image to enlarge
In order to do a PADI Open Water Diver Program each candidate must complete the medical statement.
A doctor’s certificate is NOT required if the diver can answer ‘NO’ to all of the questions.
A doctors certificate is only required when the candidate can answer ‘YES’ to any item on the statement
Please go this link to download the Medical Statement. If you can answer ‘YES’ to any item please take a copy of this statement and present it to the doctor for him to sign.