One of Phi Phi Island’s most exciting dive trips is the KLED GAEOW WRECK DIVE TRIP.
In March 2014 the Department of Marine and Coastal Resources delivered the 50 meter ex-naval gunship, HTMS Kled Gaeow. The ship now rests upright at 26 meters depth and is an oasis for the thousands of fish that have made it their home. This exciting dive offers a variety of possibilities and explorations whether you just want to fun dive it or take the PADI Wreck Specialty. The wreck itself has large compartments which makes penetration into the hull easy but should only be attempted under the correct supervision.
If you don’t have deep diving experience, you can still enjoy the KLED GAEOW WRECK DIVE TRIP by adding the PADI Adventure Deep Diver training as part of this dive. The package also includes a dive at one of the local marine park dive sites.
Better still, do our PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course and you can do the KLED GAEOW WRECK DIVE TRIP as part of the course.
The KLED GAEOW WRECK DIVE TRIP includes one dive at the wreck and then another dive on a local reef site. Divers that are doing Multi-Day packages like our 6 dive package with us, can upgrade to add the Kled Gaoew Wreck trip to their package
Who can do our Kled Gaeow Wreck Dive Trip?
- Persons that are Open Water Diver certified diver with Advanced Deep Diver training
- Persons that are Advanced Open Water Certified or higher rating
- Open Water Divers that are doing a PADI Adventure Deep Diver add on.
- Persons must be staying overnight on Phi Phi Island
- Diver must have dived within the last 12 months. (does not apply to certified divers with more than 50 dives
- Certified divers that have not dived in the last 12 months must do Scuba Review which is not possible on the Kled Gaoew Wreck Trip
- Full Diving equipment: BCD, Regulator, 3 mm Wetsuit, Mask, Fins, Weights, and 2 x 12 L tanks
- KLED GAEOW WRECK DIVE TRIP
- Morning or afternoon options (each trip is around 5 hours duration)
- Lunch, Fruit, Water, tea, Coffee
- Maximum 4 persons per divemaster
- Accident insurance
- For morning trips divers must complete registration and equipment sizing the day before the trip. We close at 1000 PM
- For afternoon trips divers may complete the registration and equipment sizing before midday on the day of the trip.
When ever possible we appreciate divers coming in earlier to take care of the registration process so that we can ensure a smooth and well-organized dive trip.
Leaving Phi Phi Island in the afternoon? No problem, the morning trip is back in time for you to take the ferry back to the mainland with time to spare.
Arriving to Phi Phi Island on the morning ferry? No problem. You still have enough time to get to our center to register and join our dive boat for the afternoon dive trip.
Not staying overnight on Phi Phi Island? Sorry, these programs are not for you. The only way to do any of our programs is if you are staying overnight on the island.