Discover Beach Plus
There are a couple of ways of completing the Discover Beach Plus program:
- Arrive to Phi Phi Island in the morning and conduct the beach dive in the afternoon and the 2 boat dives the following morning
- Arrive to Phi Phi Island in the afternoon and conduct the beach dive in the following morning and the 2 boat dives the same afternoon
This program follows the same protocol as the PADI Discover Scuba Diver program although the first ‘try-dive’ is conducted from the beach in water deep enough to stand. Upon successful completion of DSD skills at the beach, the candidates can then join the dive boat for two fantastic dives on the reefs around the Phi Phi Islands.
- Is suitable for guests with no or little swimming skill
- Must be staying overnight on Phi Phi Island
- Must be in good health (Divers with a history of medical illness must obtain a certificate from a doctor allowing them to dive)
- Must be 10 years or older*
*Children of 8 -10 years of age may do a Bubblemaker
- Medical questionnaire and video training
- Beach training dive
- Instruction by fully certified PADI Instructor
- 2 dives from the dive boat
- Lunch, Fruit, Water, tea, Coffee
- Dives at the Bida Islands and Phi Phi Ley Island
- Maximum 2 persons per instructor
- Accident insurance
In order to do a Discover Beach Plus Program each candidate must complete the medical statement.
A doctor’s certificate is NOT required if the diver can answer ‘NO’ to all of the questions.
A doctors certificate is only required when the candidate can answer ‘YES’ to any item on the statement
Please go this link to download the Medical Statement. If you can answer ‘YES’ to any item please take a copy of this statement and present it to the doctor for him to sign.
Complete program details are available here: Discover Beach Plus Program