PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor Course
The Adventure Club is the only PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Course (IDC) center where you can become a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor on Koh Phi Phi in Thailand.
Are you looking for something extraordinary? To do something others can only dream of? To help people transform their lives? To open doors you didn’t even know existed?
All of this, and more, awaits you as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor.
The PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (OWSI) program is one of two distinct components of PADI’s Instructor Development Course (IDC), the core of PADI Instructor training.
The first portion is the Assistant Instructor course followed by the Open Water Scuba Instructor program.
The IDC will be run every 2 months on Phi Phi island.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for informations and bookings.
Schedule And Pricing
Each IDC package also includes Nitrox Instructor
NOVEMBER 2017 DATES PRICE IDC (AI + OWSI) 26 NOV – 02 DEC 2017 35,500 Baht GO PRO (IDC + EFRI) 26 NOV – 03 DEC 2017 40,500 Baht IDC STAFF 26 NOV – 02 DEC 2017 20,000 Baht INSTRUCTOR EXAM (IE) 04 DEC- 05 DEC 2017 $865 AUD JANUARY 2018 IDC (AI + OWSI) 27 JAN – 02 FEB 2018 35,500 Baht GO PRO (IDC + EFRI) 27 JAN – 03 FEB 2018 40,500 Baht IDC STAFF 27 JAN – 02 FEB 2018 20,000 Baht INSTRUCTOR EXAM (IE) 04 FEB- 05 FEB 2018 $865 AUD MARCH 2018 IDC (AI + OWSI) 27 MAR – 02 APR 2018 35,500 Baht GO PRO (IDC + EFRI) 27 MAR – 03 APR 2018 40,500 Baht IDC STAFF 27 MAR – 02 APR 2018 20,000 Baht INSTRUCTOR EXAM (IE) 04 APR- 05 APR 2018 $865 AUD MAY 2018 IDC (AI + OWSI) 27 MAY – 02 JUN 2018 35,500 Baht GO PRO (IDC + EFRI) 27 MAY – 03 JUN 2018 40,500 Baht IDC STAFF 27 MAY – 02 JUN 2018 20,000 Baht INSTRUCTOR EXAM (IE) 05 JUN- 06 JUN 2018 $865 AUD JULY 2018 IDC (AI + OWSI) 28 JULY – 03 AUG 2018 35,500 Baht GO PRO (IDC + EFRI) 26 JULY – 04 AUG 2018 40,500 Baht IDC STAFF 28 JULY – 03 AUG 2018 20,000 Baht INSTRUCTOR EXAM (IE) 04 AUG- 05 AUG 2018 $865 AUD SEPTEMBER 2018 IDC (AI + OWSI) 22 SEPT – 28 SEPT 2018 35,500 Baht GO PRO (IDC + EFRI) 22 SEPT – 29 SEPT 2018 40,500 Baht IDC STAFF 22 SEPT – 28 SEPT 2018 20,000 Baht INSTRUCTOR EXAM (IE) 30 SEPT- 01 OCT 2018 $865 AUD NOVEMBER 2018 IDC (AI + OWSI) 23 NOV – 29 NOV 2018 35,500 Baht GO PRO (IDC + EFRI) 22 NOV – 30 NOV 2018 40,500 Baht IDC STAFF 23 NOV – 29 NOV 2018 20,000 Baht INSTRUCTOR EXAM (IE) 01 DEC- 02 DEC 2018 $865 AUD Instructor Examination Fee (IE) 890 AUD IDC Application Fee 257 AUD EFRI & Care for Children Processing Fee 177 AUD Specialties Processing Fee 101 AUD PADI now requires the teaching instructor to own all student and teaching materials, and all IDC candidates will be required to to buy an IDC crew pack as listed below. Note: Our material prices reflect a 25% discount from the usual retail prices charged by PADI or their retailers. IDC crew packs come without the PADI Instructor Manual as that is now included in the DM crew pack. Candidates that did their DM prior to 2010 will receive a free download of the Instructor Manual. PADI IDC Crew Pack Basic 19,400 baht EFR Instructor Manual 4,500 baht
The Fun Part
It’s about life transformations—both yours and those around you.
The fun part of instructor training is interacting with course participants while creating friendships that continue long after the course concludes.
You’ll begin networking with other professionals and begin to explore PADI Pro Diving Jobs worldwide.
You’ll also have the opportunity to continue your professional education by participating in specialty instructor courses.
Thich train you to teach specialties after instructor certification.
The Challenging Part
The challenging part of the PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor course is your personal commitment to the training.
ThePADI Open Water Scuba Instructor course requires you to complete all the self-study Knowledge Reviews before the course begins and to prepare daily assignments for teaching presentations daily.
Organization and dedication are key.
What You Learn
During thePADI Open Water Scuba Instructor course you’ll learn how to apply the PADI System of Education by presenting at least
- Four confined water teaching presentations
- Four knowledge development presentations
- Two open water teaching presentations integrating two skills on each (a total of four)
You will also attend and participate in the following 14 curriculum presentations:
- Course Orientation
- Dive Industry Overview
- General Standards and Procedures
- The Role of Media and Prescriptive Teaching
- Legal Responsibility and Risk Management
- PADI Scuba Diver and Open Water Diver Course
- Adaptive Teaching
- The PADI Continuing Education Philosophy
- Business Principles for the Dive Instructor
- Adventures in Diving Program
- Specialty Diver Courses and Master Scuba Diver Program
- Rescue Diver Course
- Divemaster Course
- Diver Retention Programs
- How to Teach the RDP (Instructors from recreational diver training organizations other than PADI must complete.)
You will demonstrate competence at:
- Performing all 20 dive skills listed on the Skill Evaluation.
- Performing a facedown, nonstop swim for 800 metres/yards using a mask, snorkel and fins.
During the course you’ll need to demonstrate competency in Dive theory by passing a five-part theory exam scoring 75% on each part .
What You Can Teach:
After becoming a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, you will be able to conduct the entire range of PADI programs from Discover Scuba Diving up to Divemaster.
You may also choose to acquire specialty instructor ratings in areas of interest, such as Digital Underwater Photographer or Enriched Air Diver.
The Scuba Gear You Use
You will need to equip yourself with all the basic scuba gear as well as two scuba signaling devices —one audible and one visual.
The Learning Materials You Need
The PADI Instructor Development Course crewpak includes all the materials needed to prepare for the Instructor Development Course. The 23-item pack includes:
- Instructor cue cards for PADI’s core courses (Open Water and Advanced, Rescue and Divemaster)
- Instructor Development Course Candidate Workbook and related reference materials,
- Lesson planning slates for confined and open water
- Quiz and exam booklets for the core courses
- Specialty outlines for Project AWARE
To qualify for training as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor, you must:
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster or a PADI Assistant Instructor or be an instructor in good standing with another training organization for at least six months (check with a PADI Course Director or Contact Us for qualifying credentials.)
- Be certified as an Emergency First Response Instructor
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be certified as a diver for at least six months
- Have 60 logged dives that include experience in night, deep and navigation diving to participate in the Instructor Development Course.
- You’ll need 100 logged dives to take the Instructor Exams
- Have proof of CPR and First Aid training within the last 24 months. The Emergency First Response course meets this requirement
- Be fit for diving and submit a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a physician within the last 12 months
About our PADI Course Director
Bent Posejpal – PADI Gold Course Director
Bent Posejpal is one of a group of select PADI Course Directors who holds one of the highest rating PADI has to offer, the Gold Level.
This means that he outshines the competition in knowledge, experience and professional standards.
Bent was recently presented with an award for 20 years of outstanding service as a member of PADI, and is probably now the most experienced course director in all of Thailand.
Bent’s knowledge of the PADI system of diving education is second to none. Bent has been diving Phuket since 1989.
Send us an email to discuss what is the next step: email@example.com